The benefits of having a Monitored Security alarm system is that a security alarm will alert the monitoring company when your home/commercial site has been broken into. There are many benefits to having your alarm monitored. Here are a few different scenarios, and the reasons why you should have a monitored security alarm:
- Firstly, we all know that when we hear an alarm going off on the street that we don’t even look anymore, we have become so conditioned to hearing alarms that we ignore them. If your home alarm is audible only, meaning that if the alarm goes off the siren sounds but nothing else happens, you are relying on your neighbours to hear your alarm and possibly do something about it. Now you may say that your neighbours are great, but what if you neighbour has gone out for the day, that does not help you. Statistics have shown that by far the greatest proportion of Residential burglaries occur during the day.
- Secondly, there are people who say, “my security alarm goes to my cell phone” we all know that when you say you have your alarm with you 24/7 there are times when the phone is not with you, either you are in a meeting or in an area where coverage is patchy, or the network is down. And what if you are away for the weekend or on holiday? What are you going to do while out fishing when your home alarm goes off?
- You will be informed that the alarm has activated, but are you going to know if access has been gained or external damage is done?
- By having your alarm monitored, you can be informed of an activation and we will follow your instructions of how you would like us to proceed. If you are not in a position to attend to your site, we can dispatch one of our professionally trained security guards to attend your site and ascertain the cause of the alarm, and if required, organise for repairs and ensure your site is secured.
- Another benefit of a monitored alarm is that we will be aware of power loss to your site. Now you may think that this is not an issue, but for a commercial site, this can be of great importance. You may have temperature sensitive material that requires power to it at all times and can’t take a fluctuation in temperature. For residential, this could be either medical equipment or your fridge/freezer. Most power cuts to a site are of a short duration, but in some instances, it may be a fault and you would not want to come home from holiday to discover the tropical fish have died or the freezer has defrosted.
- Monitored smoke alarms notify your security company immediately that smoke has been detected and the fire brigade can be dispatched immediately, minimising loss of goods and damage.
- If you have elderly or ill family members who require extra special attention, panic alarms (fixed or pendant) or sensors which indicate a lack of movement within the home can be monitored for immediate response.
Some Insurance Companies offer a reduction in your premiums for sites with monitored security alarms.
- It is worth taking the time to discuss all the pricing options with our Security Consultant to find the level of protection that suits you best.#
For more information feel free to contact
Submit your review